9M4SLL – SPRATLY LAYANG LAYANG ISLAND
10th – 18th March 2013
John, 9M6XRO; Steve, 9M6DXX; James, 9V1YC; Ben, DJ0YI / N6MUF; Don, G3BJ; Pista HA5AO; George, HA5UK; and Tony, KM0O will be operating as 9M4SLL from Pulau Layang Layang, Spratly Islands, from 10th – 18th March inclusive.
Activity will be on all bands from 160m to 10m, CW, SSB and RTTY, using five stations with linear amplifiers to vertical antennas on the edge of the ocean.
(Note for users of computer logging programs: The 9M4 prefix is issued to special event stations that may be anywhere on Malaysian territory; this includes the DXCC entities of West Malaysia, East Malaysia or, as in this case, Malaysian islands in the Spratly group.)
Update 14/03/2013 – Due to QRM on 1811.5 we will be changing the 160m TX freq to 1820.5kHz as from 1030UTC today. Thanks. 73, Steve, 9M6DXX (@ 9M4SLL)
Band CW SSB RTTY
160m 1820.5 – –
80m 3523 3780/3803 –
40m 7023 7058 7033/7055
30m 10110 – 10132
20m 14035 14210 14097
17m 18087 18165 18107
15m 21035 21295 21097
12m 24907 24985 24927
10m 28035 28495 28097
1. The frequencies have been chosen as far as possible to avoid causing interference to the other DXpeditions that are scheduled to be taking place at the same time as 9M4SLL.
2. Generally we will be listening 1-5kHz up on CW and 5-10 or 5-15kHz up on SSB, except on 17m and 12m SSB, where we will listen down.
3. On 80m SSB we plan to transmit on 3780kHz listening 3795 – 3800 when working North America, and transmit on 3803kHz listening 3795 – 3800 for EU, JA, VK etc.
4. 20m RX frequency for US General stations: 14250–14255.
5. All frequencies are +/- QRM.
Photo Above: Titanex V160E 27m-high vertical for 160 and 80m, located within a few metres of the ocean.
Club Log – The log will be uploaded to Club Log as often as possible during the DXpediiton.
3 x Elecraft K3
2 x Elecraft K2
1 x Yaesu FT-920
1 x Yaesu Quadra
2 x Tokyo Hy-Power HL-1.2Kfx amplifiers
1 x Elecraft KPA-500 amplifier
1 x KW-1000 linear amplifier (2 x 572B)
Dunestar passband filters 160 – 10m
1 x Titanex V160E (160, 80m)
1 x Butternut HF6V (10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 80m)
1 x Butternut HF6V-X vertical with 12/17m kit (10 – 80m)
1 x Spiderbeam 12m vertical (40 – 10m)
1 x 40m quarter-wave vertical
1 x 30m quarter-wave vertical
1 x 17m half-wave vertical
1 x 12m vertical dipole
Pennant RX antenna for 160/80m
All antennas will be located within a few metres of the ocean.
Left Photo: Looking towards North America.
Butternut HF6V-X with 12/17m kit, 9M4SLL, August 2012.